As a parent, you want to provide your child with the best education possible to prepare them for a successful future.
However, the cost of education can be a major concern, especially if you are considering an international school in Singapore. With international school fees in Singapore usually high, you must understand the various factors that affect the cost of education.
So how do you ensure your kid gets enrolled in a good school and aces their exams? What’s the right approach?
This is where we can help.
This article will provide a comprehensive guide to help your kid do well in their essays and exams.
In a bustling city like Singapore, it pays to help your child develop time management skills that will allow them to excel in school while still having time for extracurricular activities and family time.
Encourage your child to prioritise tasks and set realistic goals so that they can make the most of their time.
So, let’s say your child has an upcoming exam and may need to prioritise studying over other activities. In that case, teach your child to break up their study sessions into smaller, more manageable chunks, so they can avoid feeling overwhelmed.
When preparing your child for exams, create a study plan tailored to their learning style and academic needs.
These tips should help:
- Create a manageable study schedule that includes breaks for rest.
- Encourage active studying, such as creating flashcards, summarising notes, and practising past exam papers.
- Teach your child time management strategies, such as breaking up their study sessions into smaller, more manageable chunks.
- Ensure your child gets enough sleep and eats well to boost their concentration and energy levels.
- Encourage your child to take practice exams and quizzes to help them feel more confident on the day of the actual exam.
You probably know that taking good notes is an essential academic skill that can help your child succeed in school. Regarding schooling in Singapore, note-taking can be especially important due to the fast-paced and rigorous curriculum.
For example, suppose your child attends a science class. In that case, they may need to take detailed notes on complex theories and experiments.
Encourage your child to listen actively and identify key points during class lectures and discussions. They can use abbreviations, symbols, and diagrams to take more efficient and effective notes.
Furthermore, teach your child how to organise their notes using headings, subheadings, and bullet points, so they can quickly find the information they need later.
Also, encourage your child to review their notes regularly, consolidate them into study guides, and seek clarification from teachers when necessary.
Writing essays can be daunting for many students, but breaking it down into manageable steps can help make the process less intimidating.
Here are some tips to help your child become a better essay writer:
- Start with brainstorming and outlining techniques to help organise thoughts and ideas.
- Teach your child how to create a clear and concise thesis statement relevant to the topic.
- Encourage your child to use supporting evidence to back up their arguments.
- Teach your child how to structure their essay, including the introduction, body paragraphs, and conclusion.
- Practice makes perfect, so encourage your child to write regularly and seek feedback from teachers or tutors.
Helping your child develop strong academic skills is crucial to their success in school and beyond. By following the tips and strategies outlined in this guide, you can help your child ace their exams and essays.
From effective note-taking to time management and coping with test-taking anxiety, you can support your child’s academic journey in many ways.
Still have questions? Ask us in the comments. We will be happy to help!