Collagen peptides are a flexible source of protein and a crucial component of a balanced diet. Their physiological and nutritional qualities support healthy skin, bones, and joints. Collagen is hydrolyzed by enzymes to form collagen peptides, which are short-chain bioactive peptides. Collagen peptides enhance skin firmness, increase skin elasticity, and lessen dryness to help heal damaged skin and restore a young appearance.
In 2021, the market for collagen peptides was worth USD 682.39 million, and by 2030 it will reach USD 1087.74 million at a 5.3% CAGR during the forecast period.
The market for collagen peptides has grown rapidly due to the increasing demand for natural and healthy products and the aging population’s desire to maintain their overall health and well-being. Collagen peptides are widely utilized in the food and beverage industry and the cosmetics and personal care industry.
- Growing demand for natural and clean-label products: Consumers are increasingly looking for natural and clean label products, leading to a rise in demand for collagen peptides. Collagen peptides are derived from natural sources such as bovine or fish, making them an attractive ingredient for consumers looking for natural products.
- Increasing awareness about the health benefits of collagen peptides: Collagen peptides have been shown to have several health benefits, including improving skin health, supporting joint health, and promoting muscle recovery. As more consumers become aware of these benefits, the demand for collagen peptides will likely grow.
- Aging population: With the global population aging, there is a growing demand for products that can support overall health and well-being. Collagen peptides have been shown to support joint health, which is especially important for older adults who may experience joint pain or stiffness.
- The rising popularity of collagen-based beauty supplements: Collagen has become a popular ingredient in beauty supplements due to its ability to support skin health. As more consumers turn to collagen-based beauty supplements, the demand for collagen peptides will continue to rise.
- Growing demand from the food and beverage industry: Collagen peptides are widely used in the food and beverage industry to add protein and other nutritional benefits to products. As the demand for functional foods and beverages continues to grow, the demand for collagen peptides as an ingredient is likely to increase.
Several crucial factors, including safety-related worries, an increase in the use of substitutes like modified pectin gels, starch gels, high acyl carrageenan, and ethical considerations constrain the market growth.
The adoption of Western diets, shifting eating patterns and lifestyles, and a rise in the demand for collagen peptides across various industries, including pharmaceuticals, cosmetics and personal care, food and beverage, and nutritional products, have all significantly boosted the market in developing economies. As a result, there is a significant chance for manufacturers to expand. Additionally, the market will have a lot of development potential in the approaching years due to the growing costs and investments in various R&D activities connected to this industry.
By Source, the bovine source segment held the largest market share of 40%, with USD 276.6 million in revenue. The bovine collagen peptides are easily accessible in the market and are considerably less expensive. Additionally, some of the major benefits of bovine collagen include its ability to moisturize the skin, assist digestion in general, help build stronger muscles, and support hair development and nail health.
By Application, in 2020, the food and beverage industry held most of the market. The need for collagen peptide is rising quickly due to their widespread use as food additives, expanding use in the nutritional goods business, and several other factors. Additionally, the food industry had a sizeable portion of the market in 2020. Due to growing consumer knowledge of nutritional and healthy food options worldwide.
By Form, the liquid segment will expand rapidly during the forecast period. Liquid collagen peptide are transparent and soluble by nature. Additionally, because liquid collagen peptide produce greater outcomes, they are mostly produce by cosmetic companies.
North America was the biggest regional market in 2021, with USD 228.3 million in revenue. And will expand at a 6.18% CAGR during the forecast period. The use of collagen as a food and energy source is increasing in North America and is becoming more popular. Collagen peptide are use in the pharmaceutical sector to create medications that help arthritis sufferers’ bones regenerate. These elements support the growth of the collagen peptide market in North America. The demand for collagen peptide in North America is growing quickly. Due to the use of collagen peptide in the cosmetics sector and rising health consciousness among consumers.
- Vital Proteins L.L.C.,
- ConnOils L.L.C.,
- KENNEY & ROSS LIMITED MARINE GELATIN,
- LAPI GELATINE S.p.a.,
- ITALGELATINE S.p.A,
- Ewald-Gelatine GmbH,
- JUNCÀ GELATINES SL,
- Collagen Solutions Plc,
- PB Leiner,
- Nippi Collagen NA Inc.,
In 2021, the market for collagen peptide was worth USD 682.39 million. And by 2030 it will reach USD 1087.74 million at a 5.3% CAGR during the forecast period. Market expansion is fuel by elements including the advantages of collagen peptide. People’s increased health consciousness, and a trend toward high-protein diets among consumers.
Electrophysiology Devices Market Report – The global electrophysiology devices market will witness a robust CAGR of 10.8%. Valued at $6.2 billion in 2021, expected to appreciate and reach $15.60 billion by 2030, confirms Strategic Market Research.