Summary: Here, this article is mainly focused on the ways to learn how to repair database table in SQL Server. There are both manual as well as automated solutions mentioned below. Also, their drawbacks & advantages are discussed respectively.
Go through the user query & then we can start with the solutions. The user query plays a crucial role in understanding the entire scenario without any hassles.
“Almost a month is passed away & my database engineers are not able to fix the damaged MDF files. Fixing minor issues is their daily routine but often face challenges to resolve major corruption problems. The more we think about this issue, we get stressed. Therefore, we are sending this mail to you. Please suggest a reliable solution to me if possible.”
– Andrew Chase
According to the real user problem statement, if database engineers are failing in this task, it must be due to a lack of technical knowledge. Now, there are two solutions available & we are going to understand both of them below:
Know How to Repair Database Table in SQL Server Manually
Now, the manual solution is to go for the DBCC CHECKDB commands. As we know that these commands are quite technical, not all users might be able to execute them.
The DBCC CHECKDB command is to make users aware of the inconsistencies or errors present in the server. It simply checks the servers’ health. Later with additional commands, users can also initiate the repair process.
There are three commands available for users to execute here. These are:
Let’s go through these ones after another.
Repair_Fast – Now, this command here is only for minor corruption issues. Moving forward, we can say that it’s not possible to repair highly corrupted data files this way. This is why learning how to repair database table in SQL Server professionally is very important.
Repair_Rebuild – This repair command is basically used for repairing the entire database. It takes the maximum time in comparison to all other commands. Also, there is no feature available for selective repair of the database tables.
Repair_Allow_Data_Loss – Last but not least. As the name says, data loss, there are chances of data loss present in this solution. It works a little faster but permanently removes the damaged objects. This results in data loss & enhanced complexities.
However, if users choose to use these commands, they need to first set their database in single-user mode. Only then they can proceed further & execute the commands. After the repair task, it’s also equally important to put the database again in multi-user mode.
The Drawbacks of the Manual Solution
There are plenty of drawbacks present in manual techniques. This is why learning how to repair database table in SQL Server is a bit tricky. Users can only get the desired results if they are well aware of the technicalities. Let’s have a look at the drawbacks of this method:
- The manual solution provides no guarantee of desired results. Users might fail in these methods & even after executing all the commands right, internal issues can occur with several errors.
- Manual solutions are slow. These methods are not going to help users who seek fast results. Moreover, depending on the file size, this time can even stretch longer than expected.
- Plenty of expert users are annoyed with the manual solution as it does not offer any modern features & additional support.
- Users need to be aware of the SQL technicalities in depth to execute such methods in order to handle uncertain complications.
Automated Way to Learn How to Repair Database Table in SQL Server
Now, we have a question that, which is the most ideal solution. So, as per Microsoft’s MVPs & experienced users, trusting an automated solution is the best solution. There are various tools available for that. However, SysTools SQL Recovery Tool is so far the most recommended solution. This advanced utility can easily counter all the hassles present in manual solutions.
Now, Download this solution & follow the five simple steps to get the perfect results.
Step-1. Launch the Application in your system to begin.
Step-2. Choose the Quick or Advance Scan mode here.
Step-3. Now, Preview the Database Files to continue.
Step-4. Set the Destination Server & Database now.
Step-5. Finally, Hit the Export button to finish.
Note: The software supports the SQL Server 2022 version but there is no option to select that version. Kindly select the 2019 version & the application will automatically read the 2022 version files.
Advantages of the Automated Solutions
How to repair database table in SQL Server? This question might not trouble users now after learning the automated solution. Moving forward, we can say that there are plenty of features & advantages to the automated solution. These advantages make this tool better than any other tool or method. Let’s have a look at a glimpse of these features.
- The automated solution is fast & based on the file size, it repairs the tables in the least possible time. This makes this solution quite efficient.
- There are quick & advanced scan modes for both minor & major corruption issues of the database. This makes the entire task more customizable.
- There are plenty of advanced features present in this tool to minimize the users’ effort. It helps users to get desired results with minimum input.
- Along with tables, it can also repair stored procedures, triggers, views, rules, etc database objects without any hassles.
- A 100% guarantee of perfect results is present in the automated solution as it is tried & tested by millions of users worldwide.
- The automated solution is capable of repairing & recovering the corrupted database files of SQL Server 2022, 2019, 2017, 2016, 2014, 2012, 2008 / R2, 2005, & 2000 versions.
Apart from these, there are plenty of other features present in this tool that can make it the best-ever solution for such a task.
At the end of this article, we are aware how to repair database table in SQL Server, it’s time to conclude this article. For this, we can say that not all solutions are perfect & users must be aware of the technicalities in depth. As per the guide, the automated solution provides users with the most detailed solution without any errors in between.